Saturday, February 13, 2010

Warm and Fuzzy


At the beginning of this project I figured it wouldn't be too hard to start my own hydroponic rig. I think I was mistaken.

What I did was hollow out a wine cork, put an already existing tomato plant in the cork, and then put the cork in the water filled wine bottle, with the roots down of course.

What I got was a stick covered in fuzz. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but this does keep me progressing. Instead of waiting on this plant to see if it grew any I can start new.

Failure isn't always a bad thing.

3 comments:

  1. Brendon, you are so right. Failure is part of learning and you definitely progressed a little bit today. Proud of you for trying. What will you do differently next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brendon,
    I guess now is the right time to think about what went right and what needs to b even better. Failure is not the final stage of a process.

    Stephan Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the next rig needs more light. This too was my inverted rig. So the leaking water may have contributed.

    I want to try a full scale hydroponic rig, including rubbermaid tubs and pvc. I'll see how that turns out

    ReplyDelete