Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Trial and Error

First off this post is a bit delayed considering the progress thats been achieved in the past couple of days.

Recently on the greenhouse I decided to add moving parts. This is much easier said then done. For me anyway. To make moving parts you have to write scripts. These scripts are very simmilar to action script or javascript or processing. The only difference I saw was the fact that if you fail and five times out of ten you will, things go haywire. For instance, say you write a code for a ball to roll forward then go up. Say you accidentally write the code to go backward then down. After you find out how you messed up the code, you then have to chase the ball and delete it as fast as you can.

I ran into this problem more than once. I have the script down now, however I can't figure out how to slow it down..I wonder.


On another note, I'm looking into the refresheverything program by Pepsi. You can earn up to 250,000 dollars in grants if you submit your idea and present a sort of business plan.

Also I hear that the USDA provides grants for extraordinary ideas. Some girl got a 10 million dollar grant to fully automate a farm. Hmmm..

1 comment:

  1. And it sure is funny to watch you chase those moving sticks all over the place! I recall at one point there were three going in all different directions. You're getting there!

    ReplyDelete